Last Updated: Jan 16, 2019
We understand that buying a luxury item sight-unseen can be scary. Whether you are buying jewelry for yourself or as a gift, we also understand that having a watch on your wrist or ring on your finger is different than seeing it online. It's our hope that you’ll love your new piece of jewelry, but understand that returns are sometimes unavoidable. That’s why we want to make it as easy as possible.
What is this TAG doing on my item?
At the time of shipping, all returnable items are affixed with a one-time use tag, which means that item has been put through a rigorous inspection to ensure you are getting a genuine product. If you return the item and the one-time use tag has been removed or altered, we cannot ensure the item has not been tampered with. Because of this, we’ll need to put the item back through our inspection process to ensure the next buyer is receiving a genuine product.
I removed the TAG. Can I still return the item?
We understand that receiving your item can be an exciting experience and you may accidentally take the tag off. From your conversations with our sales specialists to the messaging in our packages, we do our best to make sure you are aware of the tag on your item, but accidents happen. In the event that you have altered or removed the tag, don’t fret—you can still return your item. However, due to the inspection process mentioned above, you’ll be given a refund of the final sale price minus an inspection fee of 10% up to $500.
Return Merchandise Authorizations:
Returning a watch is easy. Here is what you need to do:
- Contact Morningstar's Jewelers within seven (7) days from the date of shipment to request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number. Email us at email@example.com.
- Once we’ve issued you the RMA, Morningstar's Jewelers will e-mail you pre-paid, fully insured shipping labels. Please follow the shipping instructions to ensure the package gets safely back to our facility. The item(s) must be back to our facility within fourteen (14) days from original date of shipment. All returns must be shipped in both and inner and outer box. The return must include not only the item but also ALL included documents, instruments, links, straps, buckles, tags, protective stickers, boxes, authentication papers, manuals, or accessories included in the original package. You may re-use the original Morningstar's Jewelers box that was shipped to you as the inner box. If you no longer have this box, the inner packaging must be a new, unused box. The outer packaging must also be a new, unused box to prevent loss or damage while in transit back to our facility.
- Once the item and all included accessories are in our facility, please allow us up to ten (10) business days to process your refund.
- Provided that you’ve met the above deadlines and the tag has not been tampered with, we’ll refund your money back in full!
All other international buyers are welcome to return their purchase, but it will be the buyer’s responsibility to cover return shipping costs as well as any other customs fees or taxes incurred upon the return. These buyers will not be reimbursed for these costs. All other aspects of the return policy apply including time limits, intact tag, and other requirements defined above.
Defective Merchandise Authorizations:
1 - Year Warranties only apply to watches.
How do I send my watch to Morningstar's Jewelers for warranty service and how do I get the repaired timepiece back?
- Contact Morningstar's Jewelers within the one-year warranty period to request a Defective Merchandise Authorization (DMA) number. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we’ve issued the DMA, Morningstar's Jewelers will e-mail you pre-paid/fully insured shipping labels. Please follow the shipping instructions to ensure the package gets safely back to our facility. The item must be back to our facility within fourteen (14) days from the issue date of return labels. The watch must be packaged in both an inner and outer box. Please only include the timepiece inside your inner box. Do not return documents, instruments, links, straps, buckles, tags, protective stickers, boxes, authentication papers, manuals, or accessories with the watch as these items may not be returned to you upon completion of the warranty repair. The outer packaging must be a new, unused box to prevent loss or damage while in transit back to our facility.
- Once the item and all included accessories are in our facility, please allow us up to 4-6 weeks to complete the repair.
What is the warranty repair policy for clients with watches outside of the US?
All other international buyers are welcome to send their watch to us for repair, but it will be the client’s responsibility to cover return shipping costs as well as any other customs fees or taxes that are incurred upon the return. These buyers will not be reimbursed for these costs. All other aspects of the warranty policy apply. Morningstar's Jewelers will not cover the shipping costs to return the repaired or replacement merchandise to you once repairs are completed. Customers receiving their merchandise back will not be reimbursed for any costs associated with customs as it is returned to the customer’s country of residence.
What is the date of shipment?
The date of shipment is determined by the date FedEx picks the item up at our location. You will receive an e-mail on the date of shipment informing you of the tracking number for your package.
What is an RMA?
An RMA, or Return Merchandise Authorization, is used to help us track our orders and protect against fraudulent returns.
Why do I need to request an RMA?
We want to guide you through the return process and answer any questions you might have. We also want to eliminate the possibility of you sending back an item that is not returnable. Most importantly, we want to provide you with return labels to make your return as easy as possible.
Why does the RMA have to be requested within 7 days?
Morningstar's Jewelers sells watches on behalf of individuals across the US. We pay our consigners at the end of the 14-day return period, but we begin making payment arrangements well before that day. The 7-day time frame gives us time to communicate with the consigner and let him/her know that there is a pending return.
Why does the watch need to be returned within 14 days?
Because we are a consignment and pawnbroker based business, we have a duty to help our consigners sell their watch. The 14th day marks the end of the return period and payment to our consigners will be finalized.Will I receive a refund on overnight shipping?Morningstar's Jewelers ships all watches with 3-5-day shipping. However, during the purchase process a client may decide to upgrade their shipping to overnight and they are assessed a standard fee. This fee is non-refundable if the watch is returned.
What is the return policy for international buyers?
International buyers will have the same return policy as domestic buyers defined above.All other international buyers are welcome to return their purchase, but it will be the buyer’s responsibility to cover return shipping costs as well as any other customs fees or taxes that are incurred upon the return. These buyers will not be compensated for these costs.
All other aspects of the return policy apply (seven days, item tag still being intact, ect). International buyers who wish to return their purchase will still be required to request an RMA for reporting purposes.
BY USING MORNINGSTAR'S JEWELERS SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT MORNINGSTAR'S JEWELERS MAY REFUSE YOUR RETURN FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THIS RETURN POLICY.